Tuesday, July 08, 2008

A picture is worth a thousand words

I was playing around with my cell phone the other day and realized I had a few pictures I wanted to share, but had never posted. Here are a few of them. Remember, the ones with writing are from Japan, so the English isn't the best (which is why they're funny). There are two names for this type of very strange English - my favorite is Engrish, so that is what I'll refer to it as.

The first one here is rather risque, so read at your own risk.
This was found at a 7-11 type store called Lawsons. In case you can't read, it says "Attention to all manly men!! Lawson proposes a fresh and new product category of mysterious, yet sexual supplements. They are the love magic for couples, the drive source for men, and the necessary elements for the world of today. We guarantee different d?????? Try them out!" I just loved this for the first line.



Mmmm...looks tasty, don't it? My first impression was that it was a brain in jello. It was actually the dessert at my welcome party in Japan 2 years ago. It's a jello/jelly substance with a pickled plum in the middle. Mmmm....

In Japan, there is a holiday in May that used to be called "Boy's Day" but is now, for PC reasons, called "Children's Day." For this holiday, people display toy models of ancient samurai armour. And it ain't cheap, either. Check out the price tag - $1,195. Granted, you only buy one or two of these in a life-time, but still...


I was shopping the other day and happened across this shirt. I just had to take a picture.

Woohoo! So now I've figured out how to post pictures on blogger. Yea! Maybe my posts will be more visually exciting from now on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"You've got one, too. A plum in your back, I mean." :-)