Friday, December 01, 2006

On the True Meaning of Christmas

Haven't updated in awhile, so I thought I'd throw something quick up here.

Today in class, we were playing a "describing game." We divided the room into 2 teams, then I would describe a person, place, or thing to the students and they had to figure out what I was describing. The last question was supposed to be hard, and the teacher told me to describe Santa Claus in a very vague way. So I said, "This is a person. It's a man. He is old. He has a white beard (hair on your face) and white hair. He delivers presents." The students whispered amongst themselves to try to figure out who I was talking about. One student turned and looked at me. "Osama bin Laden?" she asked.

I fear that my student's Christmas cards will read: A very Merry Christmas and a happy Jihad to all.

No comments: