Friday, November 17, 2006

On Embarrassment and Teenage Nudity

Okay, so I think I had the most embarrassing moment of my life today. Well, maybe not, but close. In between classes, my dorky teacher (whom I have decided to nickname "Freddy", as he loves Queen) said he was going to stay in the classroom for the next class. I said I was going to run down to the teacher's room to get a drink and be right back up. So I went down, got a drink, and came back up. When I was about to go in the classroom, Hayashida-kun (a student who always sort of jokes around with me) jumped infront of the door and said "No no no! You can't go in!". I thought he was joking, so I asked why, but he just looked confused. I said, "I can go in the back door if I can't go through this one" (the classroom has 2 doors, and both were open). He started to walk towards the back door, so I slipped in the front door. I heard some boys yell something, so I looked up and noticed why Hayashida had said I shouldn't go in. You see, it was after gym class, and the boys change in the classroom. Yea. Usually they shut the doors and pull the curtain infront of it, but they hadn't today. About one second of a glance told me that I definitely should NOT be in the room (though I only saw a brief glimpse of some boys with their shirts off - nothing below the belt so to speak). I rushed in, grabbed my books that I had left on the desk, and rushed out again. Wow. Talk about embarrassing for both me and the students. And Freddy didn't warn me that they would be changing or anything. He knew I was coming right back, and yet he let them keep the doors open. If I were a more suspicious person, I would wonder if he did that on purpose. I was blushing madly for the rest of the day any time I saw a second-year boy. And since these schools are so small, I KNOW that all the students know what happened. Dangit. So embarrassing. A lot of the third year boys went out of their way to say hello to me loudly today after that. I really have to wonder why...

This has not been a red letter day.

No comments: